About

Friday, January 05, 2007

People I Hate

It's Friday, and I slept until noon - after finally falling asleep at 4am - so I am extra cranky. Luckily, I have to work tonight as well. It's just sunshine and lollipops round these parts. Here we go . . .

Bill Cowher

Don't get me wrong; I really like the former Pittsburgh Steelers coach. What I do not like is quitters, and I think Cowher's resignation today was weak. He can say he wants to spend more time with his family, and yes, he has been coaching the team for fifteen years, but I believe the Steelers' 8-8 season was his main excuse for hanging it up. Look, 8-8 in the NFL is hardly uncommon, and when your star QB almost dies before the season, he will not be 100 percent right away. Cowher had one more year left on his contract; he should have honored it! If he wanted to watch sunsets and roast marshmallows after that, fine. In my opinion, Cowher quit for all the wrong reasons. Weak.

Jim Delany

I know, you're saying to yourself, "Who?" But, if you're a college football fan, you should be aiming your ire at this scumbag. Delany is the commissioner of the Big Ten Conference, and is rumored to be the only obstacle standing in the way of a college football playoff.

As a Michigan fan, I am disgusted that this jerkass is heading my conference.

"But as he has done with the public outcry, Delany has largely ignored the coaches' call for a playoff. He readily admits a playoff could be good for Division I-A football at large, but quickly adds, 'I don't work for college football at large.'"

Swell. So Delany is concerned with the Big Ten, and to hell with the rest of the country? This man is a disgrace. After the miserable results of the BCS this year (Boise State, anyone?), the time has come for a playoff system. Unfortunately for the players and the fans, Jim Delany couldn't care less what we think.

Nancy Pelosi

I am still not entirely sure how to describe the new Speaker of the House. I mean, she's unbelievably arrogant, but she is also utterly pompous as well. She is like a human Reese's Peanut Butter Cup - two irritating tastes, that taste lousy together. Listen to this quote from her elaborate press conference yesterday:

"I accept this gavel in the spirit of partnership, not partisanship."

First of all, she's a lying sack of crap. Second of all, she sounds like she just became the Queen of England. We get it, Nancy; you're the first female House Speaker - although the jury is still out on the DNA results - now shut your pie hole and do what you were elected to do . . . which is not bloviating, by the way! Dope.

No comments:

Post a Comment