About

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Two "Flu" Over The Cuckoo's Nest

It is now official: I am the world's most incompetent dad.

My two-year old son Erik has been sick as a dog with a terrible flu that is going around. He has been vomiting more than Kate Moss at an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet. Thankfully, the missus is a stay-at-home-mom, so my life was relatively unchanged.

Last night, we got this wretched virus, too.

I woke up to her vomiting at 2am, 3am, and 6am. Besides the retching, I also had to listen to the moaning and weeping that usually accompanies a stomach virus. Hell, it ruined my REM sleep! When I was up for good at 7am, she told me that there was no way she would be able to take Kyle to school. When I mentioned I was sick as a dog, too, she said that since I had not been vomiting, I should "be a man," and suck it up.

"Being the man" is not a good role for me.

So, with four hours sleep, I have been on the go since dawn. I took Kyle to school, with his birthday cupcakes, because his birthday is on Saturday. I got home in time for the garage workers to come and install our new garage door and opener. While they were working, I was attending to the missus, keeping a watchful eye on Erik, doing three loads of laundry, cleaning the basement - where all of this magic happens - and trying to stay awake. I finished all of this by 2pm, just in time to pick up Kyle.

On top of all that, I had to call out sick for work - which I hadn't done since the summer - because I am exhausted and praying for death. The only thing missing is the vomiting, which will probably come later on tonight. If I don't get over this by Sunday night's hockey game, I am going to be uber-pissed!

So, how was your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment