About

Monday, May 14, 2007

The Championship Game

Well, this sound file pretty much sums up last night's championship game.

It wasn't pretty. Team 22 had it all over us from the drop of the first puck, and by the end of the first period, we were down by a score of 4-0. From then on out, it was a mess.

No one played well. No one. Passes were bouncing past players, shots were way off target, penalties abounded - Vinnie was in the box three times before he was thrown out of the game late in the third period - and our goalie fanned a pass that went into his own net. The whole night was ugly, as Team 22 won the championship in the third and deciding game, 7-1.

For my part, I wanted to apologize to my team for having such a terrible season. I was beyond dreadful this year, but I appreciate the fact that my brother's team took us - me, Vinnie, Badger, and Fish - on board. I hope we contributed to their liking.

Now, as much as I would like to log off and weep some more, I want to enjoy the off-season . . . of three days. The first practice for our Spring League is Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment