About

Thursday, June 14, 2007

People I Hate

Hey, kids! What time is it? Well, it's Thursday, so that means it's time for another heart-wrenching, colon-clenching edition of People I Hate. Ah, good ol' PIH: how I have missed you. I actually thought about publishing another edition of People I Like just to show you guys who's the Capo around here, but when I realized that visitors = hits, I demurred. Let's rock!

The Creators of Comedy Central's "Lil' Bush"

You have to admire Comedy Central. Even after Dave Chappelle mentally imploded and put the kibosh on the only funny program at their network, they trudged onward. Attempts to fill the gap were lame at best (Mind of Mencia) and unwatchable at worst. Trust me, Lil' Bush is Comedy Central at its worst. The animated comedy portrays President Bush as a grade schooler, surrounded by his pals Rummy, Cheney, Condi, etc.

Now, before you decry me as a tool for the GOP - I'm a tool, but I'm self-employed - I gave the show a chance by watching it last night. The writers, who are about as funny as I am - yes, they're that bad - poke fun at the member of the current administration. Unfortunately, the jokes are ones we have all heard since 2000. Bush is stupid. His cabinet is oil-hugging thugs. Bush's brother helped him win the 2000 election. Yawn. The show also poked fun at the Clintons: with similar results. Hillary is manly. Bill is a womanizer. Blah, blah, blah.

The lowest point in the longest half hour of television was when Lil' Mark Foley volunteered to kiss Lil' Bush. Mark Foley. Now that's timely! Isn't that scandal about a year old now? Trust me, this "comedy" needs to see a back-alley abortionist, stat!

"American Idol" Kelly Clarkson

Jesus Christ, will someone pour this broad a tall, cool glass of shut the hell up?
NEW YORK - Kelly Clarkson, who rails against a former flame in her new song "Never Again," says she's never been in love. "I love my friends and family," the Grammy-winning singer and original "American Idol" tells Elle magazine in its July issue. "But I have never said the words `I love you' to anyone in a romantic relationship. Ever."
Oh, boo hoo!
Clarkson, 25, doesn't take romance lightly. "I am very old-school, conservative in my thinking when it comes to relationships," she says. "Love is something you work at. It doesn't come easily. There are going to be bad days. You are going to have to work at loving someone when they are being an idiot." (H/T - Yahoo!)
Idiot. Now there's a word I think of when I think of Kelly Clarkson.

Idiotic Dale Earnhardt Jr. Fans

Speaking of idiots. Do you believe these people? I guess one should expect this after decades of inbreeding.
After all the years Junior Nation has spent casting verbal and oftentimes profane aspersions on the drivers of the No. 24 and 48 – not to mention all the beer cans and other trash that have littered race tracks each time the duo crossed the finish line ahead of their heartthrob in the No. 8 Chevrolet – their driver has done the worst thing possible.

He joined the enemy. (H/T - Yahoo!)
Maybe it's me, but I thought fans would be happy when their guy goes to a proven winner. Hendrick Motorsports is the most successful team in NASCAR - like it or not. Junior will win more often there than he does now, and may even have a shot at a championship. But these idiots think it's a bad thing.

Then again, they probably think soap is a bad thing, too. Heh.

ABC and the Creators of "Grey's Anatomy"

Does anyone remember when a simple apology would suffice for doing something stupid? Neither do I.
Just five days after ABC made the surprise announcement—for no one more so than Washington himself—that it would not be renewing the Grey's Anatomy star's contract, and five days after Washington responded in kind with his mysterious Network-inspired statement, the erstwhile Dr. Preston Burke is speaking out again, but this time in a way slightly more befitting someone who has been through anger management.

Among those things Washington was either asked or opted to do in the wake of directing a homophobic slur at costar T.R. Knight: apologize to Knight and cast mates, go to counseling, meet with GLAAD leaders, attend rehab and film a public service announcement on the power of words. (H/T - Yahoo!)
Washington then went on to say, "I can only apologize so many times." I absolutely agree with them. So a few liberal toads want their pound of flesh. Frak 'em if they can't take a joke!

No comments:

Post a Comment