About

Saturday, June 16, 2007

These Precious Moments

This is my three-year old son Erik. He is a precocious kid, and is always doing or saying something "cute." This comes in handy during potty training, a task the missus and I are currently undertaking. For him, not me. I learned how to "go potty" last month.

Anyway, yesterday he comes into our bedroom and says, "I have to go poop." Curiously, that's the same phrase I always use. The wife was at the gym, so I helped the kid out. We went into the bathroom and he got himself ready. He sits on the toilet, looks at me, and says, "Dad, I need privacy."

I guess I should have brought him the paper.

I leave the bathroom and in moments he is calling me back to look at his good deed. We always have to look at it: you folks with kids will understand. It was rather large for such a tiny child, but I told him he was a big boy for doing so well.

And then he says it.

Maybe it was because we went down to the Delaware River to throw rocks into the water a few days before, but he looked at the poop, turned to me, and said, "It looks like a battleship."

That's my boy!

Editor's Note: My new post is up at First In!. And while you're there, how about dropping off an entry for the Weekend Caption Contest?

No comments:

Post a Comment