About

Monday, July 23, 2007

I Got It!

I didn't even know I was in the running!
Genial comic Drew Carey was tapped Monday to replace silver-haired legend Bob Barker on the CBS daytime game show "The Price is Right." The deal was set Monday afternoon shortly before a taping of CBS' "Late Show" with David Letterman, where he confirmed it.

"I realize what a big responsibility this is," he said. "It's only a game show, but it's the longest-running game show in American television and I plan to keep it that way."
See, I mention this story because some of the wiseasses I used to work with thought I looked like Mr. Carey. "Dead ringer" was the term they used. Bastards. I think Carey will bring some personality to Randal Graves' favorite game show, which has been sorely lacking during the Barker years. Now, if only Drew can find some animal to neuter . . . Maybe Rosie O'Donnell?

And personally, I think I look a little more like Dilbert, but that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment