About

Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Meme That Would Not Die

Well, even though I surrendered to this meme twice already - Look at the bright side: I'm popular! - I am about to do so again, thanks to InsoluBlog. There is no way in hell that I am posting the rules, and there's no way in hell I am tagging anyone else, but out of respect for my Massachusetts pal, I shall proceed . . .

For those of you with short memories, the topic is Eight Random Facts About Yourself. I'll try and stick to the job.
  • I never shot at anyone, but I came very close once. The slack was out of the trigger pull, and I was seconds away from blasting a toad who appeared to be raping a woman. He had her against the wall, with something to her throat. Turns out it was his girlfriend, and they were just "arguing." The couple thought it was "funny."
  • I ran into a burning building once. I had to make sure the occupants were out, but it was a stupid thing to do. I wouldn't recommend it, especially if you have occasional asthma attacks, like me.
  • My patrol car was shot at a few times while on midnight patrol in "The Badlands." I'd love to say I shrugged it off, but it scared the hell out of me.
  • Despite the fact that we're the 6th largest police department in the country, Philadelphia does not have voice mail or internet access for its detectives. Yet we're supposed to move mountains with outdated tools.
  • The movies are right: most Federal Agents are uptight jerkoffs who think Philly detectives are beneath them. Scully, this does not apply to you.
  • My best arrest involved a robbery, point of gun. The doer robbed a young woman after sticking a gun to her head, then fled the scene. I chased the guy five blocks, tackled him on Lehigh Avenue, and recovered the woman's belongings and the gun. The doer was found guilty and sentenced to 15-20 years.
  • My worst score during annual pistol qualification was a 94. My best? 100.
  • You can count Philly's truly attractive female police officers on two hands.
There ya go, Insol. Hope you approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment