About

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Live Free Or Die Hard

Maggie Q. Yummy personified!

Despite my hobbled status, I was able to go out with my good friend - and Erik's Godfather - Bill to see Live Free of Die Hard tonight. Although I wanted to see Transformers, I figured this would be a decent substitute. I was correct in my assumption.

Timothy Olyphant was a pretty good villain, but his partner in crime, Maggie Q, stole the film. Hot and lethal, she is one of my new faves. Justin Long climbed aboard for comic relief, much as Samuel L. Jackson did in the third film. He didn't take away from the film, and had some nice lines. This will never top the original Die Hard, but in my opinion, it was probably second best. I'd give it 3 bullets out of 5.

And now, a few random thoughts . . .

* Why would Justin Long's computer-hacker character live in the armpit of the East Coast, Camden, New Jersey? No one chooses to live in Camden, which is right across the Delaware River from Philly, people just end up there.

* Kevin Smith has a medium-sized role in the film, playing a computer hacker with a lust for all things Star Wars. Must have been quite a stretch for him.

* Nice helicopter shots of Philly, guys. I guess with 226 homicides, it was safer to film from the air.

By the way, Deathlok has a pretty good, non-spoiler review HERE. But not until after I post another shot of Maggie:

No comments:

Post a Comment