About

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Dumb, Blind Luck

Somewhere, Vincent Antonelli, The Badger, and Fish are currently screaming obscenities at the top of their lungs.

Blind Female Golfer Scores Hole-In-One

(CBS 3) LEHIGHTON, Pa. It is a wet and soggy day out on the links, but for 53-year-old Sheila Drummond, life is sunny.

On Sunday, while golfing at Mahoning Valley Country Club, in Lehighton, Carbon County, with her husband, in the drizzling rain, Drummond picked up her driver, her signature pink ball, and on the 4th hole, a par 3, with trees, water and two bunkers to deal with, she hit the impossible!

"He (her husband) said it headed toward the hole, and he said 'It's going in!' I said 'Are you sure?' We heard it hit the pin, he said 'It's in.' I said, are you sure? Can you see it that well?' So he jumped into the cart, drives over and says, 'It's in!'', Drummond said.

While hitting a hole in one is pretty rare, this one is even more unheard of because Sheila Drummond is blind. (H/T - KYW.com)

Blind? BLIND??? BLIND?!!! My friends and I have been playing golf for 20 years and we haven't even come close to an ace! And now a local blind woman does it? What the hell is going on here?!! Don't get me wrong: I'm happy for the gal, but come on! She's blind!!!

I swear to God, I am playing golf at Man's Weekend blindfolded this year. And if I don't get a hole-in-one, I will drink myself blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment