About

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Speaking Of Soccer . . .

Arguably the best female soccer player ever is now a Hall of Famer.

ONEONTA, N.Y. (AP) -- Mia Hamm knows it's more than merchandise and marketing. She regards it as an honor.

"There's not a more humbling experience to walk into a stadium and to see so many girls wearing your jersey," the soccer great said. "I am so proud of that and I hope you can see that every time I took the field."

Hamm spoke Sunday before a record crowd of 4,800, many of them youngsters, at the National Soccer Hall of Fame. Hamm entered the shrine with Julie Foudy. The two were the bedrock of the U.S. team that won two World Cups and two Olympic gold medals from 1991 to 2004.
(H/T - Yahoo! Sports)

I don't have anything to add. I just wanted to post a picture of that uber-hottie Mia.

No comments:

Post a Comment