About

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Calling All Fat Asses!

So, I mentioned earlier that Sssteve challenged me to a weight loss competition. While I jumped at the chance to help a friend (and myself) lose some much-needed poundage, I had no idea that the contest would attract so much attention. In the twelve hours after Sssteve laid down the gauntlet, both RT and Grimjack jumped on board the Goal Train.

Here's what we have so far:
  • The contest will last from January 1, 2008 through June 30, 2008.
  • The winner will be determined by their percentage of weight lost in the time period. This way, the bigger fatties - like me - won't have an unfair advantage because they have more girth to lose.
  • Stats will be posted on the participants' blogs every Saturday. Participants do not have to post their current weight - I will, because my embarrassment is my motivation - but some folks don't want to publicize their current stats. That's okay.
  • The contest is open to anyone who would like to participate. I mean, who doesn't want to lose a little weight? Well, maybe the rail-thin Deathlok . . .
So, after attending my cousin Glenn's open house today, I am officially on the junk food wagon. (Or, is it "on" the wagon? I can never tell.) Ice hockey will help, as will PT and my daily walks. Good luck to all involved, and if you want to get in on the act, let us know.

Beefcake! BEEFCAKE!!!

Oh, and I'll be the first to announce my gross disfigurement. As of this morning, I weighed in at 236 pounds. For the record, Homer Simpson weighs 239. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment