About

Sunday, March 02, 2008

"Excellent!"

Ambulance Driver granted me a most excellent award this week. Mrs. Grim and RT were also kind enough to bestow the honor upon me, but I was a little lax in posting about it.

Any hoo, the honor is part of the Excellent Blog Awards, and comes with this handy-dandy logo on the left. Kinda cool, although a little dubious for this blog if you ask me. SYLG is probably deserving of an "F for Fair" award, but I don't think anyone has invented that one yet. Heh.

An integral part of the honor is to nominate ten other blogs you deem worthy of the award. You can nominate someone who has already been nominated, and since this award has been through one end of the blogosphere to the other, I may have to double-up. Sorry 'bout that. Here are my ten nominees:
  1. Blonde Sagacity. ALa has probably been nominated for this award three hundred times, but in my opinion, she is one of the best - if not the best - Philadelphia area blogger around. She's smart, she's pretty, and she's opinionated. A lot of liberals hate that.
  2. Big White Hat. Always a "straight shooter," my pal from the Lone Star State keeps things simple: family, God, and country. What more could a person want (or need).
  3. Blogmeister USA. Pam has always been one of my biggest fans. So much so that she helped me land my gig at Family Security Matters - my proudest writing achievement to date. Pam is a much better writer than I will ever be, and I love reading her blog (and her FSM posts, and her American Thinker posts . . .) You get the idea.
  4. Cowboy Blob. I don't know where he finds some of his bizarre photos. I don't know how he is so great at photoshop. I do know that when I really need a laugh, I'm usually going to see the cowboy.
  5. Daisy Dorkelina. The Blogger Formerly Known As Pandy - change your links, people! - is the scariest bitch you'd ever want to meet. And I mean that as a compliment. Her use of sentence enhancers is beyond reproach, and even though she doesn't post as often as I wish she would, she always hits with you with something good . . . like a kick in the groin.
  6. First With Flair. Speaking of people who don't post often enough . . . Sssteve is good people. I know, since he is one of only a handful of bloggers that I have met personally. He'll do anything for ya - except post - and is always there when you need him. I consider Sssteve my friend, so he gets an award.
  7. GOP and College - The smartest blogger from Tennessee since . . . well, ever. GAC is a brilliant writer, and has the quotes in The Weekly Standard to prove it. Besides, I've seen a photo of the College-ette; she's way hot. That has to count for something.
  8. Nobody Move! If John has not been nominated for this award, then shame on all of us. A purveyor of all things criminal, he is my go-to guy for interesting crime tidbits. It also helps that he posts a Babe of the Week every Monday. Sweet!
  9. Peakah's Provocations. Peak is a terrific guy, but he posts even more infrequently than Sssteve. However, he owns lost of guns, so he's not a guy I want to piss off. besides, he won't realize the nomination for about six months anyway. Heh.
  10. The Temerity of High Maintenance. And last, but not least, I want to give a shout out to my close, personal friend Deathlok. He's been sidled with a wrist injury of late, but when it comes to obscure trivia, there's no one better.
Well, there ya go, my ten nominations. Congratulations all, and thank you to those who have been kind enough to honor me.

Oh, and don't forget to stop by Project Mommy, since she was the originator of the award.

No comments:

Post a Comment