About

Saturday, May 17, 2008

No Holds Barred!

Earlier this week, former Georgia congressman Bob Barr announced his candidacy for President of the United States. This announcement was met with great glee here, because a candidate like Barr is ripe for comedy. Barr was my topic for this week's Family Security Matters article. Here's a sample:

Hello America! My name is Bob Barr, and I am officially announcing my candidacy for President. Many of you will remember me from my eight years service in the House of Representatives. It was my honor to represent the great state of Georgia.Well, not Jimmy Carter's small patch of it, but the rest of the state is top-notch.

If you are one of the few people who have not heard of me, I would like to tell you a little bit about myself. I am a Scorpio who enjoys long walks on the beach, pork products (both edible and political), and getting married. My current spouse is my third, but first in my heart . . . for now. At 59 years old, I look like a pimply-faced teenager compared to John McCain, and after serving eight years in Congress, I look like Robert Byrd - without the hood - next to Barack Obama.

You can read the rest of the (hopefully) funny HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment