About

Wednesday, August 28, 2024

She's Your Captain! She's Your Captain!

So yesterday, Jules went to her high school for Media Day. They get their pictures taken, get the rosters, and find out if they're JV or Varsity.
There are nine seniors, so I assumed she wouldn't be playing varsity. Well, that was way, way off. The coaches said she would be playing varsity in the first game, and like last year, Jules will likely play JV and varsity.
The coaches run through the varsity roster, and I hear my daughter's name on varsity. I looked around, thinking is was a joke, as she's a sophomore. It was no joke.
A few moments later, they give out the captains. The varsity captains were perfect, and I was waiting for Jules to be disappointed...
She was named captain for the JV team, with two other captains. It may be one of the best days of her life. She's going to be a terrific captain!
I'm always proud of my kids. Kyle, and Erik were outstanding lacrosse players, Kevin is still running like crazy, but this was really special for Jules. I'm so proud of her for working hard, and being a good teammate.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. When I got her home, she played "We Did It!" from Dora The Explorer. She was so happy.

      Delete
  2. The look on her face says "Do it or else".

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look menacing. Only thing the coach said she wants Jules to be more vocal at practices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking at that picture thinking I don't want to mess with any of these girls. I'm sure all three would kick my frail 75yr old butt. Seriously, congrats yet again! The two of you have great kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a great defender, and I've seen her play back there. She gets hit with field hockey balls and brushes them off. She'll do anything to stop a team from scoring.

      Delete