About

Sunday, December 11, 2005

A Different Bronx Tale

NYPD Officer Daniel Enchautegui - Hero.

I feel sick.

"In a fierce volley of gunfire Saturday in the Bronx, a police officer responding to sounds of a break-in next door to his home was fatally shot, and two men he wounded -- one an actor in the movie "A Bronx Tale" and the HBO show "The Sopranos" -- were captured as they fled the scene, police said.

Officer Daniel Enchautegui, 28, who had been on the force since 2002 and was assigned to the 40th Precinct, was pronounced dead at Jacobi Medical Center at 6:09 a.m. -- less than an hour after he was shot once in the chest outside his home on Arnow Place in the Pelham section."

The actor-turned-cop killer is identified as Lillo Brancato, Jr., and played the role of Robert DeNiro's son in "A Bronx Tale." Read the rest of the story here. And feel free to sign this scumbag's guestbook, found on his fan club. May Lillo Brancato rot in hell.

11 comments:

  1. Did you look at his guest book? Some people have already started.


    HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And of course the idiotic media is more interested in who did the shooting rather than the hero who was murdered. Punks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel's discovery of the crime, and his emergence from off duty status adds extra tragedy to this story. I hope Brancato gets his reward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so sad. :(

    Is there some sort of a fund drive for his family or anything like that out there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a true tragedy. All the way around....2 guys who could have been something in life chose to be worthless nothings and to rob another of life, who had chosen to serve us all. No I'm not a bleeding heart, I hope both of them rot in hell but the whole thing makes me sick. Best wishes to the officer's family, may he rest in peace. You stay safe Wyatt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tyler - I saw the guestbook on our cop site (domelights.com. Damn, some people are really pissed! And rightly so.

    RT - Of course. What would you suspect?

    Insol - Why I said he was a hero. He could have stayed in his home off-duty, and not bothered to investigate.

    Uber - Not sure, but check out the NPYD's website. They may have something. If I hear of something else, I'll let everyone know.

    SK - The whole story makes me ill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tragic.
    And the comments on his site!
    Yow!
    (Yeh, I left one there.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just wrong!! His family will be in our prayers!! I am sure the punk will get his just due!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The guestbook is down now.
    Crashed, taken offline?
    Who knows?
    Good riddance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a million thoughts going through my head, but the one that keeps coming back is:

    "Officer Daniel Enchautegui, 28, who had been on the force since 2002..."

    This means he made the decision after September 11th to become a police officer in NYC. That in itself proves he was a man of conviction.

    God bless him, his family, and his fellow officers.

    I've got nothing to say about the maggot that did this that Wyatt wouldn't have to delete...

    Wyatt, take care and stay safe.

    -rachel

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUG - Yeah, the comments were brutal. I loved them!

    Sssteve - I hope he gets life.

    CUG - Either way, it's win-win.

    Rachel - A true hero. His family deserved better. And don't worry about me; I'm gonna live forever! :)

    ReplyDelete