About

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Christmas Story

So . . . did everyone survive Christmas?

The last two days have been a blur of kids, tossed wrapping paper, and my mother-in-law's fabulous Guinness stew. The late nights seemed like a good idea at the time, but when you're working the day after Christmas, five in the morning comes pretty damned early.

The boys had a terrific holiday. Santa brought Kyle the Playmobil Skate Park - where every skateboarder came with its own little toy cellphone - and a remote-controlled car that does wheelies in mid-race. Erik received the Little Einsteins Rocket Ship - it plays Mozart and other classical tunes - as well as the Mickey Mouse airplane.

Mom scored Night at the Museum on DVD, as well as some bath gels and lotions from Bath and Body Works. As for me, the missus grabbed me Spider-man 3 on DVD and Medal of Honor: Airborne for PS3. Sweet!

Even Captain America got into the act. He signed me up to cover his blog for him while he was on vacation. Of course, he told everyone I was covering for him before he actually asked me, but what the Hell. I can juggle two blogs while trying to write this week's article for FSM, right?

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment