About

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Germany Moves To Ban Scientology

The Krauts finally got something right!
BERLIN, Germany (AP) -- Germany's top security officials said Friday they consider the goals of the Church of Scientology to be in conflict with the principles of the nation's constitution and will seek to ban the organization.

The interior ministers of the nation's 16 states plan to give the nation's domestic intelligence agency the task of preparing the necessary information to ban the organization, which has been under observation for a decade on allegations that it "threatens the peaceful democratic order" of the country.

The Los Angeles-based Church of Scientology was founded in 1954 by the late science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard. It first set up in Germany in 1970 and officials estimate it counts some 6,000 members in the country. (H/T - CNN.com)
I am not familiar with German law, but their Interior Minister, Wolfgang Schaeuble, considers Scientology to be "incompatible" their constitution - whatever that means.

While I cannot condone Germany's ban of the any religion, even the "religion" of Scientology, I have to question a faith that was created by a really bad science fiction author. Hell, using that reasoning, I could create a religion! I mean, I'm just as inept a writer as Hubbard was, right?

In fact, I am here to announce the creation of my own religion. I call it Wyatt-ism. Its tenets are as follows:
  • Guinness will be served during communion.
  • SYLG will be read at every service; even the lame posts.
  • During services, hockey games will be broadcast behind the altar.
  • Services held before noon will be forbidden. Who wants to get up early?
  • And finally, members will not worship me, but what I worship: fabulous babes!

"Uma, Jerry. UMA!"

No comments:

Post a Comment