About

Monday, December 24, 2007

NORAD Tracks Santa

So, we spent Christmas Eve with my brother-in-law (you all may know him here as "Fish") and his family. We went to Mass then back to his abode for Chinese food - a Christmas Eve staple in our family.

After dinner, my niece Kaitlin went to check the computer. When I asked what she was doing, she did not say, "I'm reading your blog." Instead, she said she was checking out where Santa was right now.

Apparently, I am one of the few parents left in America who do not know about NORAD Tracks Santa.

This site is really, really cool. It tracks Santa's route in real time utilizing NORAD radar and Google Earth. His position is updated every five minutes, and even shows real "footage" of Santa flying through the different countries. When Kyle and Erik saw this, they were hooked. They were laughing and pointing, and just getting excited for the holiday. It was great to see.

Of course, the first time I checked it, Santa was in Londonderry, Northern Ireland. Naturally, I had to snark, "Jeez, I hope he gets out of there in one piece."

As of this posting, Santa is over Puerto Santa Cruz, Argentina. He'll be enroute to North America shortly. Thankfully, my little ones are already asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment