About

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Pour Some Sugar On Me

Just don't pour it on the missus.

It's just raining sunshine at Casa de Earp this week. Yesterday, the missus found out that her blood sugar is through the roof, and that she is on the verge of gestational diabetes. Swell. Not one, but two nutritionists are scheduled to come to the house this week - yes, she needs a team - to help her control her sugar, and (hopefully) avoid the diabetes.

Many times, the gestational diabetes leaves when the child is born - we're down to two months from today - and we're hoping for that scenario, but the opposite happened to my partner Doris. Just keep Mrs. Earp in your prayers. We have enough going on without health problems for her. That's my department.

And speaking of that, I had an appointment with my dermatologist yesterday. The reason why I usually wear a baseball cap has nothing to do with thinning hair - that's Captain America's department - but everything to do with my psoriasis. The skin condition plays havoc with my scalp, but I just found out that it has migrated to my left hand. Swell. It hurts like hell, and typing all day surely doesn't help. When it rains, it pours.

So, if you want to come from miles around and gawk at The Incredible Unhealthy Blogger, feel free to stop on by. Just don't point and gawk. that would be rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment