About

Monday, June 24, 2024

Scumbag Swindles Out Of $400k In Gold

A despicable piece of human garbage swindled Florida residents and claimed that the gold they had face arrest due to illegal activity. Sadly, they fell for the scam.
In an audacious and heartbreaking scheme, a pair of elderly Floridians were swindled out of $400,000 in gold bars by a phone fraudster who claimed that the victims were facing arrest due to illegal activity in their respective Amazon accounts, according to court records. Last month, a 78-year-old Jensen Beach resident called police to report that he had been bilked out of $154,000 after receiving a call from a man claiming to be an Amazon representative.
The scammer, who claimed his name was Brian Alba, was simply another scumbag who tried to swipe their gold, and almost got away with it.
After being told about purported fraud on his account, the victim was transferred to a “Brian Alba,” who said he was “an agent with the US Government and that based on the activity there were several warrants out for his arrest.” “Alba” said he could keep the man out of jail, but the victim would first have to obtain a $154,000 cashier’s check and then use the funds to purchase two gold bars (each of which weighed a kilo and cost in excess of $75,000.) “Alba” assured the septuagenarian that he would “send him a cashier’s check after he received the gold, for the amount he paid for it.”
This piece of flotsam's real name is Tejaskumar Patel, and he had no problem scamming people out of their money.
Cops subsequently pulled the car over and identified the driver as Tejaskumar Patel, 21, who carried an Illinois driver’s license and said he lived with his family in Hanover Park, a Chicago suburb. Patel claimed he came to the U.S. in October 2023 and has a green card. After floating a series of false explanations, Patel was arrested for grand theft, a felony, and transported to police headquarters.
My two oldest sons have a lot of Indian friends. Really good people. Why scum like Patel would spend their lives scamming the elderly boggles my mind. I sincerely hope Tejaskumar Patel gets a very long jail sentence, and hopefully, he gets his ass beat every single day.

4 comments:

  1. I get these kind of calls all the time (no, I don't have any gold). Usually, the scams cover solar, medi-care & a car accident that I was supposedly in within the last 2 years (they always ask me to think carefully after I say no, I don't remember being in one). My personal favorite was telling me that they could help me get more out of my SNAP benefits & they got indignant when I said I wasn't eligible ("who told you that???)...they hung up when I told them I'd worked for the welfare dept for 34 years & knew what the eligibility requirements were. MelP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. Text messages, robocalls, it's ridiculous. And it's almost always Indians, actually from India.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe he was trying to bribe Gold Bar Bob and hadn't realized that the ship had already sailed.
    :-P

    Loki

    ReplyDelete