About

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A "Kate" You Don't Want To Support

Break out the duct tape; my head is going to explode.

"The family of a Marine who was killed in Iraq is furious with Lt. Gov. Catherine Baker Knoll for showing up uninvited at his funeral this week, handing out her business card and then saying 'our government' is against the war." - Tom Barnes, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

I know I'm a little late on this story, but it just came across my desk. (And by "desk" I mean the little computer stand in my basement.) I have been purposely avoiding political news since I started SYLG, because too many people get nuts when you talk about it. (Me included.) This, however, cannot pass without some much-needed bile.

Those who know me, know that I despise Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell. I truly hate him. Now I know why he's so happy Knoll was elected Lt. Governor - she's an idiot. The broad was State Treasury Secretary for cripes' sake! I'm better qualified for her current position! But I digress. This isn't about me; it's about the thought process (or lack thereof) of Knoll. Look, this isn't an Owen Wilson sequel. There is no one clamoring for "Funeral Crashers." If you're not invited, stay the hell home. But, in the off chance that you want to pay your respects, by all means, shut your pie hole! No one at that funeral (or the state in general) cares a whit about what an octogenarian Lt. Governor thinks about the War on Terror. Hell, I don't care what Rendell thinks about it. It's not your place, Cath, plain and simple.

And speaking of knowing your role and shutting your mouth, the last place you should be "pressing the flesh" and/or campaigning is at a frakkin' funeral! These people are mourning a hero, and you - like your partner in crime, "Fast Eddie" - treated the occasion as a photo-op.

Catherine Baker Knoll, you are a piece of garbage.

3 comments:

  1. Didn't she mention that her government was against the war. What a loser. I don't think that she'll be making it back to the government next election.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is like Mass. politics all over. Being a member of the Gay State, I can tell you the hypocrisy disease is rampant. With the likes of Meehan, Frank, Kennedy, Kerry and a host of wanabes engaged in the most egregious butt-snorkeling you have ever witnessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Butt Snorkelling"...

    Is that term in the public domain, or have you copyrighted it?

    DPT: Same for "Ass spelunking."

    ReplyDelete