About

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

And The Horse Was DOA

"Come on, Fish, smile! You look good in maize and blue!"

Yeah, I know. I keep beating a dead horse here, but I just can't help myself. This is my brother-in-law Mike (aka "Fish"). He and his lovely bride are Penn State grads, and (naturally) rabid football fans. Last week, Fish bet me that if Penn State beat Michigan, I would have to wear PSU's colors, and vice versa if Michigan beat the Nittany Lions.

We all know the outcome of that game. Tee hee hee!

Any hoo, I just wanted to bask in my mercy, since I only made Fish wear a Wolverines football jersey. He and his wife Sharon were prepared to outfit me in a jersey, boxer shorts, slippers, and any other damned thing they had in their abode. Sharon was even suggesting she would paint a paw print on my face! (And you just know that those pics would be flooding the net by now!)

And with that, the Michigan/Penn State game is now history.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, the pics would have proliferated with frightening speed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got a bet going for the Illinois game tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prof - Negative. My heart can't take another bet! I usually only bet with my brother-in-law with PSU, and my friend Chris when Michigan plays Wisconsin or Notre Dame.

    Besides, UM is due for a letdown after the big win last week.

    ReplyDelete