About

Sunday, October 23, 2005

First With Flair!!!

"Would you like smoking or non-smoking?"

With all apologies to Steve, someone else was first with flair today. Jeff Gordon won the Subway 500 ("I'm on the Jared diet!") at Martinsville Speedway, just barely staying ahead of Tony Stewart (yes, GunnNutt, I am laughing at you, and not with you). It was Gordon's 73rd career win, which means he is only three away from tying the career high of the immortal Dale Earnhardt. Frankly, after six months, I am surprised he didn't ask for directions to Victory Lane!

Wow, a Gordon win and a late Rusty Wallace spin - it's Miller time!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hey, I like Gordon. Only because he can drive a rally car and a F1 car just as good as his weekend NASCAR ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Screw you and TylerD, too! OK, just kidding (NOT). This was a great weekend for Coach's empire, at least. All three Nextel cars in the top 10, and the 'Skins finally blowing some other team away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is my favorite driver so, I'll let it go this time. But just so everybody knows I am the only straight guy with flair. Thanksss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tyler - As my homies would say, "He got skills!"

    GunnNutt - Heh. And don't get too excited over the 'Skins win - they were playing St. Mary's School for the Blind!

    Steve - Jeff's all man! And he seems to have a new broad/bimbo who was waiting for him with a kiss at Victory Lane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's why I said "some other team". You would have to point out it was a bunch girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I didn't want in this argument. Stewarts okay. I just don't watch that much nascar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GunnNutt - Yeah, they're a long way from Montana to Rice.

    Ty - And you live in Alabama? What's wrong with you??? Are you close to Talladega??? I must see a race there before I die.

    ReplyDelete