About

Monday, October 03, 2005

X-Men, Game 1

Last night we kicked off our 2005-06 ice hockey season against Chilly McPhilly. Due to the large turnout for our team, I was moved from defense to right wing. (What versatility!) Not that it mattered. There wasn't anything resembling defense in this shootout.

I played on a line with my brother-in-law Mike and my friend Brian. Mike had a terrific game, which included a fabulous backhand goal to the top shelf of the net. I didn't play all that well: no goals, no assists, no penalty minutes, and a minus one (I was on the ice for one of their goals, but none of ours). On the plus side, I didn't cost our team any goals, and I didn't get hurt – although my knee is killing me.

But, hey, screw the personal stats (I'm no T.O.). The X-Men came out on top, winning by a score of 7-4. We're undefeated, and have two weeks until our next game on October 16th. Maybe by then my knees will feel better.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the win. Way to start the season off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice win! Now ice that knee!

    See even a Cheifs fan can be nice in defeat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon - Thanks. I'm still tired.

    FM - I would rather go undefeated and score no points than lead the league and be in the cellar.

    Steve - The Icy Hot is already on! Sorry about the Chiefs - the Iggles play like poo and still manage to win. Unreal.

    ReplyDelete