About

Monday, December 12, 2005

Judge Dread

Artist's rendering of Wyatt's promotional board.

My brain hurts. No, it has nothing to do with the mundane training. It has everything to do with today's Promotion Board Interview. I had been dreading this date since it was announced on Thursday, because the Board consists of an Inspector and two Captains; all of who hold my future in their hands.

After psyching myself out over the weekend, I meekly entered the interview room to find the three interviewers: the Inspector, who was my captain in my old district, and two captains, one from Center City, and one from Internal Affairs. "Great," I thought, "I'm dead."

On the contrary, everything went swimmingly! The Inspector was overly nice, as were the two captains. They reviewed my sick usage for the year (7 days), and the Center City Captain said, "Oh, that's not bad at all." Next, they reviewed my career IAD complaint history (2 incidents, both of which exonerated me). The Captain from IAD said that my last complaint (in February) "shouldn't have been investigated at all. It was nothing." It made me smile, since I was worried that that complaint would jeopardize my promotion.

All in all, I got a fair shake from three very personable commanders. I worried away my weekend for nothing. Now, if only I can get assigned somewhere close to home . . .

12 comments:

  1. Ahhhm, you were your usual charming self. Good for you!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipeeeeeee!!!!! My heart is encouraged with the news....they're not all pricks and toads. :) Comic relief...imgaine some of the numnuts you have discussed trying to go through the same interview. It is ashame what we do to ourselves in angst of the unknown. So...when the local news shows the graduation, I'll say, "There goes Earp."

    ReplyDelete
  3. *HIGHFIVE*

    Way to knock it outta the park my man... opportunity is born from hard work and dedication... you've earned it my friend.

    Thankfully they didn't hold the last game's hockey score against you... then you would'a had reason to jump the table and land a nice cross check on one of 'em!

    God I miss playing hockey...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Wyatt!! You have earned it just from dealing with the moron Sgt.!! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AFW - Thanks! It was a huge relief when I walked outta that room.

    RT - Yeah, just look for the fat bastard 13th in line!

    Peak - The Inspector and the male Captain were both bigger than me. They would have kicked my ass!

    Sssteve - If I never see that sergeant again, it'll be too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe they were intimidated by the goalie stick you brought.

    Way to go, Wyatt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! So, now can you actually enjoy your promotion? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent!
    Hope you get something close to home now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you at least wipe your nose off after the interview?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gunny - Either that or the hockey mask!

    Bob - Thank you, sir!

    SK - You don't know me very well, do ya? I'll relax after I pass the physical.

    CUG - Highly doubtful, but there is still hope.

    Doc - Shut yer word-hole!

    Dave - Thanks! Already at it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karma - No, they never asked. That's what worries me. I'm going to a war zone. Not that I mind - I wanna work - but I don't wanna get gunned down, either.

    ReplyDelete