About

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Idiocy: It's Not Just For Criminals Anymore

Of course, it’s not just the toads with the stupid gene. Sometimes, a police officer’s brain stops firing on all cylinders. Last night, an officer came into the division with a robbery report. There was an arrest on the job, and a victim outside to be interviewed. The officer hands the report to the deskman, who notices that the victim’s name is simply “Miss Kim.” There is nothing more, and the district control number is missing from the report. When we asked the officer if “Miss” was the victim’s first name, he said he didn’t know. When we followed up with the question, “What is her last name?” the officer said, “I didn’t get it. That’s your job.” The officer then walked away.

Great, now I have to bring my duct tape to work, too.

4 comments:

  1. Gotta love it. I laugh more at the people I work with, than the people I deal with.

    I hope you copied the 48 and posted it for all to see. This cop is on the fast track. He'll be a white shirt in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he was dreaming of Lil Kim. She is in the city afterall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wagon - A detective in the squad said we should post it, but I forgot. I'll post it tomorrow.

    RT - That's what I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Say what...????

    ReplyDelete