About

Friday, January 20, 2006

People I Hate

It is Friday again, kids, which means it’s time for another explosive edition of People I Hate. Fasten your seat belts.

Drivers Who Refuse To Use Turn Signals

There’s nothing more infuriating than driving to work behind an idiot. Traffic is moving along, and you think you may actually be early for a change. Then, BAM! The jackass stops in the middle of the lane. You slam on the brakes and use some questionable vocabulary, only to see the idiot finally put on his turn signal. It’s duct tape time.

Look, it’s not difficult. When you approach the street you want to turn onto, activate the turn signal. It’s right there on the steering column, you frakking moron!!!

The “Creative” Forces Behind Reality Shows

Skating with the Stars? Trading Spouses?? Are you kidding??? Who thinks that people would sit through this garbage? The Fox network is by far the most heinous offender, starting with the mother of all crappy reality shows, American Idol. Now, everywhere you turn, some loser is popping out another piece of poo, hell bent on sucking audiences in. And the most amazing thing to me is that people are watching . . . even in my own home. To give you and idea of the Earp dynamic, the other day I was downstairs watching The History Channel’s week-long series on the Presidents, and upstairs the missus was watching Hogan Knows Best. Good grief!

The David Lee Roth Show

Okay, I admit it; I was a Howard Stern fan. Not a big enough fan to pay to hear his show, but I was a fan nonetheless. When he jumped to satellite, I figured I would at least give his replacement, David Lee Roth, a chance. I mean, I was a huge fan of Van Halen, so how bad could Roth’s show be?

The short answer is awful.

Roth is like a deer in the headlights when he’s on air. Stream-of-consciousness thinking is okay when you’re Robin Williams. When you’re David Lee Roth, it’s annoying rambling at best. I don’t hate Roth per se, but his show is absolutely brutal. I want to wake up in the morning, not be lulled back to sleep. I realize that the show is still in its infancy, but unless Roth comes up with either better stories or better guests, he’s going to be standing next to Tonya Harding in the unemployment line.

13 comments:

  1. YOU were a Howard Stern fan?? No, I can't believe that? (I can't believe you would admit it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda - Yeah, yeah. He was entertaining in spurts, but after a while, he got on my nerves. Nine times out of ten, though, he was damned funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will ignore that! But I do agree about the witless people who don't use their turn signals! Not like it's difficult! I LOVE having to stand on my brakes to avoid rear-ending them! Of course, we know who would be at fault!

    ReplyDelete
  4. W,
    Howard Stern?!?!? HOWARD STERN?!?!?!?
    A VERY intelligent man with Seriously screwed up values!!
    Am I being racist if I ask if it was an illegal you were following? "They" are some of the worst drivers ever! We have lot's in the NW.
    Don't make fun our "star" from the NW. She works, it's just she can't report it on here taxes.
    BTW,
    Does Linda have a job?? Besides blog commenting of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially hate when drivers slam on the brakes and put on the signal as they turn...good, warn the pigeons of your movements, since I'm already eating your muffler.

    Roth...tried it, didn't like it. Never liked him unless he was singing...all palaver.

    I also hate whoever gave me bronchitis. This sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. joe-Yes, I'm in the mafia and my job is to make people who tick me off disappear, so maybe you should ask yourself, do I feel lucky? Well, do you punk?! Oh sorry, I was having a Dirty Harry moment, I think!
    I don't think I comment anymore than anyone else and if Wyatt wanted me gone, all he'd have to do is ask, or tick me off!
    Are you really cool or is that fake? You aren't Ssssteve's alter ego, are you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. JC - No, idiot drivers come in many shapes and sizes. And making videos of your honeymoon is not "work."

    RT - I only liked him sinning when he was with VH.

    Lin - You know I would never ask you to leave me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the few things I miss about NY is people who know where their turn signals are. Of course, that was upstate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heh.
    Wyatt said he was entertaining in "spurts".
    Yeah, that was juvenile, but so is Howard.
    (To the tune of 500,000,000 dollars!)

    Dang it! I can be crude too!!!
    I only want 100,000,000 dollars!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda dear,

    Don't get your knickers in a bunch!

    Yes I AM cool! Like dentyne ice baby!

    I am NOT Sssstevie boy's alter ego.

    The REAL question is... Is your name really linda?? :)

    Sorry Wyatt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Exactly who yanked your chain?! Are you using Wyatt's blog to come out of the closet? Not that I'm judging or anything! Is your real name joecool1013?

    I didn't start this, Wyatt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You'd hate Bloomington (Indiana). One of the hallmarks of drivers there is nobody uses turn signals. Ever.

    What pisses me off are these BEWARE AGGRESSIVE DRIVERS signs. WTF is that crap? Why not BEWARE TIMID MORON DRIVERS?

    Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete