About

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Stupid Olympics Questions

If the damned city is spelled "Turin," why are the jerkasses at NBC calling it "Torino?"

Why does every Opening Ceremony have to be coordinated by an LSD addict? I mean, what the hell was that last night??

Could the Canadian Womens' Ice Hockey Team be any more ignorant? Running it up on Italy 16-0 won't win you toads any respect around here.

Is anyone (besides Linda) going to shed a tear when Michelle "I shouldn't be here in the first place" Kwan drops out of the figure skating competition? "Oh, the plane ride and the cold weather are irritating my groin!" Hey Michelle, your crybaby antics are irritating MY groin!

A Hat Tip to my brother Chris, a rabid hockey fan, who mentioned this today: Why are the NBC networks showing every game of women's ice hockey - a sport we can see anytime - when they only give the really cool events like luge, biathlon, and skeleton mere mentions?

2 comments:

  1. If you look at a map of Italy, Milan is Milano, Florence is Fiorenza (or something like that). Turin is English and Torino is Italian. I'm sure I could be wrong. All the disco music is what got under my skin-WTF!

    So did you buy all the necessities for our blizzard--bread, milk, and rock salt?

    Oh, and...FFFFFFFFFirst with the flair of a speed skater, but not with Steve's special flair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are ya happy now, meanie? Who was it just months ago whining about not being able to play hockey because of injuries--oh yeah, that was you, wasn't it? I would think you would have some empathy!

    BTW, I heard Lance say that he was sorry it didn't work and how he's never been loved like that before! P-l-e-a-s-e! I think Lance must've gone Hollywood! What was the birth of 3 kids and going thru chemo and worrying about him dying--an infatuation?!Can you say JERK?

    ReplyDelete