About

Friday, March 03, 2006

People I Hate

Lieutenant Tom Kavanaugh

Okay, I realize that Kavanaugh is a fictional character from The Shield, but I truly despise him. At the end of this week's episode, I actually cursed at the TV screen. (Like he would hear it.) And this says a lot about the talent of Forest Whitaker; I believe his portrayal as the a-hole from Internal Affairs, and as a result, I wish his character a painful death.

What's that? You say you don't watch The Shield? Are you mad? This is one of the best shows on television. So much so that I need to get my hands on Seasons 1-4 to catch up. Yes, I was a Johnny Come Lately, too, but I am now hooked. In my opinion, The Shield is the best show on FX.

Bruce Springsteen

I realize the danger of putting Bruuuuuuuuuuce on this list so close to the New Jersey border, but can anyone tell me why this fraud is famous? "Dancing in the Dark?" "Born to Run??" Are you frakkin' kidding me??? I have more talent in my bowel movements! And just when you thought he had finally given up on the luckiest music career in history, Springsteen is releasing an album of hippie Pete Seeger's folk songs:

The album will feature Springsteen's interpretations of 13 traditional folk songs that have been associated for decades with Seeger. Among them are "Jessie James," "John Henry," "Jacob's Ladder," "Shenandoah" and the civil rights anthem "We Shall Overcome."

Congratulations, Bruce. Another triumph!

Dave Chappelle

We got it, Dave. You screwed us when you walked out on Chappelle's Show. But now you're going to rip Comedy Central as well?

Dave Chappelle has vowed never to return to Comedy Central if the cable network goes ahead with plans to piece together new episodes of Chappelle's Show from material taped before he walked away from the series. "I think if they air that stuff, I can't see how I'm going to be able to [return]. That will damage our relationship," he told the Dayton Daily News. He called Comedy Central's plans to do so "a bully move," adding that "if people don't watch it, then I'd be more than happy."

Um, Dave, I think the damage to your relationship occurred when you walked out on the season and your fans. And if you're going to accuse Comedy Central of a "bully move," I have a pot and a kettle I'd like you to see.

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel like I should watch more tv just so I know what you're talking about and have something to talk about with you people...

    ...then I remember I don't have to, we're not married! *g*

    FIRST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Chappelle is funny but I think something is wrong upstairs. His whole disappearing act and then I saw him interviewed on some show and something is just not right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chapelle's walking away from the $50 million was an idiotic move in my opinion.

    He claimed that he left because the network kept wanting to change the show. If I was him I'd have kept doing the show my way, and if they didn't like it, they could fire me and pay me the remainder of the contract.

    That's how you really stick it to the man.

    Springsteen's still chafing at not being blacklisted in his youth, thus guaranteeing immortality despite a waning talent, so he's hoping it can happen now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just one thing to say Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckssssssssssssss!! And I'm from NJ. Not all of the toxicity from the landfills has seeped into my skull. I'll take whatever he's smoking, though. What's next, "Puff the Magic Dragon?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rt said it brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fm, Season 1 was good, but I have to go with last season as the best.

    Bruce has his place. . .and that place is as backing vocals on Graham Parker's Endless Nights. Only good thing he ever did. Now Bruce Campbell on the other hand. . . . .

    Dave. . . . .That's just a damn shame. . . .I'll just make due with Season's 1 and 2. They never get old.

    ReplyDelete