About

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Into The Belly Of The Beast

As a Philadelphia Flyers fan, I have been programmed to hate the New York Rangers since birth. That tradition worked rather well until a man named Wayne Gretzky was traded there. Gretzky is the Patron Hockey Saint of SYLG, and I have been (and still am) a fan of every team for which he laced up the skates.

Although Gretz is no longer in The Big Apple, I still root for the Rangers - especially since the Flyers goaltending is still suspect. Tonight, however, I enter the Belly of the Beast. Vinnie Antonelli scored three tickets to the Flyers/Rangers matchup at Madison Square Garden! (That's right, GOP and the City, I'll be in your neck of the woods this evening!)

Being of sound mind and flabby body, I am not about to wear my Flyers garb into Manhattan. This evening calls for my white Gretzky jersey with the Statue of Liberty on the front. I will cheer like a native New Yawker when the Broadway Blueshirts score, and do a little mental jig when the Flyers do the same. I see it as win-win.

It also helps that this game is crucial for both teams vying for first place in the Atlantic Division. The game is being televised on OLN, so keep an eye out for me.

7 comments:

  1. You, Vinnie . . .[checking the phoneline}. . . .WTF??? The Fotiu Flyers jersey would be a fan favorite.

    WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you do more mental jigs than loud cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooooo jealous!!!! Have fun! I also second Bob in hoping that you do way more mental jigs than loud cheers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I smelled bacon at Penn Station tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 8:52 and the Flyers are up 2-1.

    Giddigiddigiddi. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. After last night, can you still be on your Robert Mesh kick. He played incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deathlok - Not my fault! Vinnie's tickets. Besides, you would have gotten us killed with your Flyers chants!

    Bob - Mission accomplished.

    RT - It was an awesome game!

    TM - Nice.

    Deathlok - Great game, and both Esche and Kevin friggin' Weekes played well.

    ReplyDelete