About

Monday, April 17, 2006

It's Back, Baby!

The Earp family, doing what they do best.

After a tumultuous and terrifying eight days, my DIRECTV is back and working splendidly. It gave me a chance to get reacquainted with all of my old friends: the guys from Orange County Choppers, SpongeBob SquarePants, and that annoying blonde chick with the glasses from the Quaker Rice Cakes commercial. (I hate that woman!)

In the meantime, I had been spending a lot of time with my sons, who were rewarded by the Easter Bunny with an inflatable Moon Bounce. This monstrosity is eight feet by twelve feet and heavier than all hell. It's been two days, and no one has had to go to the E.R. I call that success!

8 comments:

  1. What a cool dad!!!! All sugared up and ready to bounce sounds like a good combination for fun on the moon bounce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RT - Don't shower praise on me, it was originally the wife's idea. She was a teacher, so she knows how to shut up, er, entertain kids. It is pretty cool, though.

    Tonight: Prison Break and 24 in HD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey--do you have a child you don't talk about, and a dog and a cat?! (I saw your comment about cats!) HA

    You're really tempting fate with the bouncy thing! Good luck! I bet all the kids in your neighborhood will be coming over!

    Did you hug the DirectTV guy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't that woman look like Lisa Loeb?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I give my students Tootsie Pops and Blow Pops. :) Food always works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm bettin Mrs Earp picked that up for purposes other than entertainin the kids... after nine pm that thing'll be better than the magic fingers bed at the no-tell motel! have at it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lin - The only child I don't talk about is Randal. And I DESPISE cats. Worthless animals. We do, however, have a rabbit.

    And, no I didn't hug the DIRECTV guy. My HDTV isn't working now. They have to come back out on Thursday.

    Ty - She does. She's attractive, but the commercial angries up the blood!

    RT - Blow pops: greatest treat . . . EVER!!!

    Vinnie - It had a 250 poundf maximum, so to answer your query, NO CHANCE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What happened to make you DESPISE cats, weirdo?

    We had a rabitt named Norman for about 5 yrs. He was a beautiful dark grey and looked like crushed velvet. Did you know they can be litter box trained? We used to let Norm out and he'd go down the hall and hop about 3' in the air. They are bad about chewing on things like phone wires so you really have to watch them. We have a lot of cute pics of Norm.

    Whenever I go in a pet store I always hold a bunny, but I don't think I'll ever get another one.

    ReplyDelete