About

Monday, May 08, 2006

Sick, Twisted Freaks Unite!

Somebody must have dropped the ball at CNN Headline News.

Tonight, Glenn Beck - SYLG’s favorite conservative talk-show host - will debut his new television show at 7pm on Headline News. Did we mention the network is a division of CNN? Beck’s radio program is the third highest rated show in the country, and although his humor is an acquired taste, it eventually wins you over. (Glenn is infamous for claiming to “wrap his head in duct tape” after hearing a particularly idiotic news item.) Hopefully, his show will translate well to television.

To give you an idea of what to expect, Beck played a portion of the Headline News program on his radio show. In it, he was interviewing some jerkass from the ACLU that was crying about FAA profiling. Beck then showed the man two pictures; the first was a Middle Eastern male who is a known terrorist from the U.S. watch list, and the second was a smiling elderly grandmother. Beck then asks, “Which one do you think is a terrorist?” The ACLU toad avoided the question. Fabulous! I’ll be tuning in.

9 comments:

  1. Headline News has "shows"? I thought is was just the SportsCenter for news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I'll be watching. I was bored this evening, what without Shep's glistening eyes not on tv. (Yeah...I heard the rumors, but I still think he is a handsome lad.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just in . . . the premier show was excellent! I laughed out loud a few times. Looks like it'll be on daily: same time, same channel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love him on the Big Talker (though Rush is my fav conservative talk-show host), missed that show tonight though, was on my way home after rush hour, from house renovations on the old place in philly (and no tv there now hehe.)

    guess i coulda DVR'd it heh, woops. jeez, I haven't turned my tv to a CNN in channel in.. umm... *taps head* *pause* *thinking* hmm.. ok i don't remember. :)

    oh wait, you know, I have turned a tv to CNN (not MY TV of course), when I've stayed at a hotel and been forced to because they didn't carry Fox. I always left my feelings over that matter in the feedback card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy sh*t! just heard on the 29 news an officer was just shot not too far from where my old house is in NE philly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok now that i'md reminded and was sitting in front of the tv anyhow, i scheduled the DVR to record it from now on. i heard him talk about it before but always forgot to set it up, thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Glenn Beck!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just watched episodes from the last two nights, I love it! Always liked him on the radio definitely, and this is very entertaining in it's own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw the first ep in its entirety and most of last night's show. Both were LOL funny.

    ReplyDelete