About

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

X-cellent!

Callisto, Pyro, Magneto, Juggernaut, and Jean Grey

Well, I finally saw X-Men: The Last Stand last night. I'd give it an appropriate review, but to be honest, they could have shown Wolverine's claws shredding waste paper while Mystique was standing there watching him, and I'd give it an A+.

That being said, I have a few remarks (no spoilers):
  • How appropriate is it that the home base for the mutant "cure" is San Francisco? There is nothing more satisfying than watching mutants rip the uber-liberal town to shreds.
  • Vinnie Jones was fabulous as Juggernaut! Of course, Jones is terrific in everything.
  • Judging from the box office so far, there is no way that this will be the final movie. Not to mention the Magneto film slated for 2007. Director Brett Ratner left the door open for a sequel, and if you haven't seen X3 yet, stay until after the final credits!!!
  • Trailer Treasures: We saw the trailers for Ghost Rider and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. I am standing in line for them as we speak.
If you want a better, more comprehensive review, check out Deathlok's analysis here.

3 comments:

  1. "I'm Da Juggernaut Bitch!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny 'cause his helmet DOES look like a dickhead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, I didn't stay through the credits. What happened?

    ReplyDelete