About

Monday, June 05, 2006

Buffaloed

The NHL Stanley Cup Finals are set to begin tonight, as the Carolina Hurricanes will face off against the Edmonton Oilers. The Buffalo Sabres are expected to be watching the action unfold from their respective homes. Heh. Not ones to make excuses, I figured I would make some for them. Enjoy!

Top Ten Buffalo Sabres Excuses

10. Peakah jinxed the team.
9. Wet equipment from a pre-game trip to Niagara Falls.
8. Wanted to overtake the Bills as the city’s biggest chokers.
7. Daniel Briere thought he’d play better drunk.
6. Victory kisses from Bea Arthur not much incentive.
5. Buffalo wing hot sauce shots “ill-advised.”
4. Goalie Ryan Miller kept losing pucks in the lights.
3. Pandy threatened to kick the team’s ass if they won.
2. Threw game to avoid congratulatory phone call from Canadian PM.

And the number one Buffalo Sabres excuse is . . .

1. Al Gore said hockey was the root of global warming.

4 comments:

  1. LMAO! Love it!

    I am so glad the Sabres are no more.

    Go 'Canes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought they would still be crying and not able to give excuses...well...they are really good at both.

    GO RODDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and Recchi and Williams....and 'Canes) I always said the Flyers would regret trading Roddy. Neilsen told him he wasn't up to par for the NHL when Neilson was coaching...Ok...I won't say anymore...the guy is dead. But I could say plenty! (Well he did keep Eric "my mommy and daddy won't let me" Lindros)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon - Gotta disagree. With respect to Brind'Amour and Recchi, I want to see the Oilers take it all. Of course, now that Roloson is hurt . . .

    RT (I assume that is you) - I like Hot Rod, but I'm still pulling for Edmonton.

    Peak - Tee hee hee!

    ReplyDelete