About

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

SYLG's First Anniversary

One year ago today, Support Your Local Gunfighter descended upon the blogosphere like Kirstie Alley on a Twinkie. I would like to think that I have come a long way since my first post, but I would be kidding myself. There are much funnier bloggers out there – Dave from Garfield Ridge comes to mind, and there are smarter bloggers out there – The Man from GOP and the City and Pam from Blogmeister USA come to mind. Hell, there are even more entertaining bloggers out there – the rest of my sidebar comes to mind – but I keep plugging away in the continuing struggle to make people laugh.

The past year has been an eventful one. People I Hate was resurrected, then buried for lack of interest, then re-resurrected to its current weekly slot. SYLG received its first scathing hate mail, and the e-mail was proudly posted in its entirety shortly thereafter. The Site Meter went crazy after Finnish figure skating babe Kiira Korpi’s picture became The Olympic Babe O’ The Day. And the runaway highlight of the year was when SYLG won Best Personal Blog at The Best So Far Blog Awards, January, 2006. Winning this award meant so much to me because the voting was done by all of you. Readers and fellow bloggers alike cast votes for this crummy little blog, and I appreciate it.

Which brings me to my final point: more than anything, I want to thank each and every person who takes a few minutes out of their day to stop by my little slice of hell. In the past year, SYLG has received nearly 38,000 visits, and I appreciate every single one. While I still write for myself, I am always concerned about what the readers think. Without you, I am nothing. I hope I can continue to entertain you for years to come.

Thank you.

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations Wyatt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Wyatt! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just shed a tear....oh wait, that's because I just pulled out a nose hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary, friend.
    And many more to ya!!

    I'll drink a Guiness for you tonight/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll celebrate by beating you in this weeks caption contest.

    (I would have gotten better than 5th if I would have explained the Beta Capsule)

    Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An anniversary is usually celebrated with a party--too bad you're so far away! We could've had a cake or something and we could've all given you congratulatory hugs and kisses on the cheek! But I'm sure you rather be told what a good job you do putting this on everyday and keeping us entertained!;)

    Much good fortune to you with everything! Giddyup, cowboy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 1 Year...

    on 6.6.6

    The devil wears a gold badge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a Wyatt fan and all, but I ain't kissin' or huggin' him, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, Mr. Earp. I hope to be able to read you for many years to come.

    Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. fm--picky, picky, picky! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I really enjoy reading your blog and "getting to know" your friends. :) Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Remember those immortal words: "I am nothing without you!" Is that anything like "you complete me"? hehe J/K

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!

    You have the best Philly Cop blog on the Net. I enjoy reading you here and on the Dome...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keep on kickin ass brah...

    ...although I hate your guts, I still love ya! Lookin forward to tippin a Guinness or 15 wit'cha someday...

    ReplyDelete