About

Thursday, June 01, 2006

This Guy Scores Like Grimjack!

In Arkansas for a children's golf clinic, Tiger Woods was asked about playing golf with former President Bill Clinton.
"Interesting math," Woods said, drawing a laugh before telling a story about a round the two played in February before the opening of the Tiger Woods Learning Center in Anaheim, Calif. Woods described a hole on the back nine.

"President Clinton rolls one in the bushes, then hits another one off the tee ... right in the middle of the fairway, hits a nice little wedge shot up there to about, I don't know, 6-7 feet. "I hit a bad pitch, I blasted it by about 12 feet. ... Then all of the sudden, he does one of these," Woods said, gesturing like a player picking up his ball.

"It was 6-7 feet and he walked off the green. ... So I'm sitting in the cart. He's writing down the numbers, I happen to kind of ..." Woods said, leaning back as if reading a scorecard over someone's shoulder.

"Woods 4, Clinton 3."

Look, I play enough golf to know that there's a reason golf pencils don't have erasers. It's because the purists of the game know that cheaters are shunned. When I shoot a 114 (like at HHGR), it's a true 114. Likewise, the only time I ever broke 100, I did it legitimately. From this story, if Clinton made the 6-7 foot putt - which I doubt - he is looking at a five. The temerity of this guy to claim a three. Despicable.

(H/T - Newsmax)

11 comments:

  1. Well, it's not like we didn't already know he's a cheater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I did not have sexual relations with that putter."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey- just cause I'm a liberal democrat doesn't mean I cheat at golf. I earned a 113 at HHGR day 1 (109 on day 2). I d have morals and scrupples when it comes to important shit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you cheat at golf you will have interns on their knees in front of your desk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. if only it were that easy ssssteve!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It just so happens that one of my foursome at HHGR work in a "Secret" capacity for Mr Clinton and was telling us similar wonderful tales of this guys cheating at the game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just hope Clinton didn't offer a nicely aged cigar to Tiger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you spell cheater? You guys were funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. God, I seem to remember another story VERY similar to this WHILE he was president. I can't remember who was golfing with him though. Anyone have a better memory than I?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tony: I think it was Norman or the other guy that was "hot" at the time...sorry...can't remember his name...wait...Faldo? Anyway..there was a "mulligan" type of story. He' notorious for cheating at golf.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rachel - Oral sex is not sex. The President said so.

    Randal - Ooo, uncomfortable.

    Grim - Jesus H. Christ! You scored better than me at HHGR!!!

    Sssteve - That would be pretty cool.

    Vinnie - Does you company have interns???

    Deathlok - He should be barred from every course except John F. Byrne.

    RT - Eww! TMI!!!

    Linda - C-H-E-E-T-A-H.

    Tony - I heard the same thing, but I don't remember the pro.

    RT - It may have been with Norman, but I'm not sure, either.

    ReplyDelete