About

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Gavel Update!

Good news, everyone! (And by "everyone," I mean criminals.) The jury in the aforementioned aggravated assault case came in with a verdict this afternoon:

NOT GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS!

So, by that reasoning, in Philadelphia a person can:

1. Punch, kick, and beat a man half to death, breaking his nose and separating his shoulder.

2. Admit after Miranda that you committed these crimes, and sign a confession.

3. Admit in open court - in front of a jury - that you committed these crimes.

. . . and still be found not guilty.

There is not a person on this planet that can convince me that the judge tainted my testimony when he berated me in front of the sitting jury. Not one. Disgusting.

7 comments:

  1. I told you! You should have punched him in the nose! Then nobody would have had any confidence in him with a bandage on his nose! Heh! J/K I would never advocate violence to our wonderous, almighty, glorious judges! Kick them in the face instead! Sorry can't help myself.

    Oh yeah, Firrrssssst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. I can only reiterate my last comment on this subject. Asshat judges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh*

    Sorry it had to be that way, Wyatt.

    Maybe when the guy kills someone he can pay a fine or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ALWAYS vote no when judges come up for retention. No no no no no no no no no no.
    I'm not so naive to believe a judge will be booted off the bench with my no vote, but I want them to know there is someone out there who wants them gone.

    I still enjoy my job. I laugh at something or someone (usually someone I work with, I found someone new when you left) everyday. The only real bitch I have is court. The ADA's and overnight court notices top my list. I feel your pain.

    You should actually send the judge a thank you card for the good story for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmm, mistrial? The prosecuter witnessed this, right? Duh.....heh, the judge tampered with the witness.

    A jury in Philly is like asking a first grader to perform brain surgery.

    At least now you all can have more overtime instead of more cops. Thanks, Fast Eddie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's still only 12 people who were not smart enough to get out of jury duty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So why didn't you do that to the perp as he was exitting the court room? protect and serve!

    ReplyDelete