About

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Enter Bruce Banner

“Don’t make me angry. You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry.”Bruce Banner

If you are reading this post, then my DSL is already dead, and I'm posting via dial-up.

That’s right folks, in less than two weeks my fabulous Verizon DSL has kicked the proverbial bucket, and will not connect me to the internet. After two hours on the phone with “Tech Support” – there’s a contradiction in terms – the prognosis is, “Um, maybe it’s your phone line. We’ll send someone the check it out, and if you still cannot get back online by WEDNESDAY, call us back.”

My reactions were as follows:

If it was my phone line, then how the hell can I be talking to Tech Support?!!

If Verizon cannot fix this problem by Wednesday, then we are gonna have a problem.

What are they possibly gonna do for me when I call on Wednesday? Anything short of replacing my modem – which I believe is the root of this evil – is unacceptable.


I cannot switch my service provider yet again. The Man says I change e-mail addresses more then those spammers looking for money for their long lost relatives. It appears that I will have to suffer through this misery until next week. Until then, I (and SYLG) am at the mercy of Verizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment