About

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

An Anniversary I Actually Remember

Today is Support Your Local Gunfighter's second anniversary.

*Crickets*

A lot has happened in the past two years. For example, SYLG was the Featured Blog at Philly Future in January and February 2007. The Site Meter went into overload, and I made a few new blog friends. This is beneficial, since I have no real friends.

My affair with Salma Hayek abruptly ended when she got knocked up by a filthy Frenchman! He probably surrendered himself to her ample bosoms.

I took over The Man's Weekend Caption Contest after he suddenly retired. It's been six months: I don't think he's coming back, but I'm still leaving the porch light on.

My super-secret sex tape with Jessica Simpson was leaked to the tabloids. Thankfully, you couldn't see anything. I'm Irish, ya know.

And finally, I was called a racist (yet again) when I failed to support a fired Philly police recruit. Strangely enough, no one rips me when I bash Rosie O'Donnell (fat bastard), Michael Smerconish (panderer to all things liberal), Hillary Clinton (cankles), or any other "Whitey."

At this time last year, SYLG was approaching 38,000 hits. One year later, it's approaching 96,500! Sure, hitting the 100,000 mark in two years would be nothing short of orgasmic, but 58,500 hits in one year is nothing to vomit over. (In some cultures, they only eat vomit. I never been there, but I read about it . . . in a book!)

Any hoo, I have each and every one of you to thank for the success here. For reasons still unknown to me, you come here every day to read the rantings of one of the "most idiotic people in the world." As long as you keep stopping by, I promise to do my best to keep you entertained on a daily basis.

I cannot adequately express my appreciation for your support. Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment