About

Saturday, April 19, 2008

$10,000 For A Kid's Birthday Party?

I have two words for ya: Get. Bent!

(LifeWire) -- Two years ago, Stephanie Kaster of Manhattan set out to plan the birthday party of a lifetime for her daughter. Granted, little Sophie didn't have many parties under her belt with which to compare it: She was not yet 3.

"I just thought, 'If I go to another paint-a-ceramic-bowl or stuff-a-bear party, I'll shoot myself,'" says Kaster.

So she booked a fondue restaurant, hired a musical troupe to perform as the Wiggles (her daughter's favorite group) and ordered a four-layer cake. Each guest took home a Fisher-Price guitar and custom CD.

The price tag? $5,000.

"I couldn't believe that I'd ended up spending that much," Kaster says. (H/T - CNN)

That's because you're a dumbass.

Look, I love my kids - as evidenced by my non-stop work getting Kevin's christening party (on Sunday) in order - but if they think they're getting a $10,000 birthday party, then I'm giving them a drug screen; because they're smoking crack.

Do you know what happens to kids who get $10,000 birthday parties? They end up becoming obnoxious a-holes that think the world owes them something. They end up being politicians or Hollywood types; and we certainly don't need any more of them running around!

No comments:

Post a Comment