About

Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Not-So-Super Bowl

Congratulations to the Indianapolis Colts! I was very happy to see Peyton Manning finally win the big one. While I didn't get to see much of the game/extravaganza - crime doesn't take a holiday - i saw and heard enough to form an opinion about it: pretty lame.

Sorry, that was the short version. Allow me to elaborate.

1. Nice friggin' D! When two teams combine to score 30 points at the half in a wind-swept downpour, there's something seriously wrong. Only my underwear has more holes than these two combined defenses.

2. The commercials sucked ass. One would think that after spending millions of dollars for a thirty second spot, ad executives would think of something a little more creative than a 50-foot tall map that comes to life and a mud-splattered dog. But that's just me.

3. Overall, the game was chock full of mistakes. Fumbles, botched snaps, and blown coverages do not an exciting game make. Basically, it was sloppier than Lindsay Lohan after one of her usual six martini lunches.

4. Did someone turn the clocks back to 1985? I mean, Billy Joel? Prince?? Was this someone's idea of a sick joke??? Prince butchered most of his set, and his alleged medley was a musical abortion. It sounded like Rosie O'Donnell's stomach after five minutes without a Twinkie. And there's not a soul alive that will convince me that he received that raucous applause afterwards. I have one word for you: soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment