About

Sunday, June 02, 2024

A Very Sad Day

This fabulous couple are Maureen and Luke Hogan. Luke and I coached lacrosse together for fifteen years. We coached together, we went out for drinks and food together, and while Luke and I were close, it was Luke's bride who was always the best person on the floor. When Luke asked me to coach with him, I ran at the chance. Luke knows his stuff and was nice enough to allow me to be his assistant coach. When I first met Maureen, she was so nice and personable. When I got to Father Judge, she ran and grabbed a jacket from the school store. She was such a kind and decent person.
Unfortunately, shortly afterward, Maureen caught Lupus. You would think she would get down in the dumps and hid in bed. That wasn't Maureen. She was a fighter, and she fought every single day to make that day the best day. Maureen passed away on May 22nd.
Luke called and told me about Maureen and I made sure I would go to the viewing, the church services, and the cemetery. I was good for a while, but I lost it when they played Ave Maria. Yeah, that was the last straw. I cannot possibly be able to show how a good person she was, and the world is a little worse now that Maureen is gone. I miss you already, Maureen. I know you are in a better place. May the Lord bless and keep you.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss, Buck.

    (Amazing Grace is the hymn that gets to me, especially played by bagpipes.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always seem blessed to have awesome people in your life. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buckaroo BanzaiJune 03, 2024 1:50 PM

    Loki - Truly the most wonderful woman I have ever known.

    RG - My friend Bill lost his mother a while ago. Another woman who was so very polite and loved me and my family.

    ReplyDelete