About

Sunday, October 09, 2005

6,000???

Uhh . . . wow. On Monday, I was pleased to announce that SYLG celebrated its 5,000th visitor.

That was six days ago.

Today at approximately 7pm (EDT), visitor number 6,000 stopped by to check out this lame excuse for a blog. Honestly, I don't see the attraction, but I am humbled by the support. I will do my absolute best to keep you entertained. And now, a few points of interest:
  • Dave at Garfield Ridge - His link to my "As Seen On TV . . . In The Fourth Reich" helped me get 1,000 hits in six days. It's always a good thing when someone who averages 1,000 hits a day gives you a shout out. Thanks!
  • My regular visitors (primarily everyone linked to your right - please patronize their blogs, too! - and Steve) have been the backbone of SYLG from day one. Special mention to The Man at GOP and the City, who was the first one to link me when I returned to the blogosphere.
  • Comments - I read 'em, and I welcome them - as long as they don't involve personal attacks. Feel free to comment, and remember you don't have to be a member of Blogger to do so. Just click on anonymous (preferably leave your name - or alias- in the body) and fire away!
  • Links - Sometimes I am unaware that another blog has linked to mine. If you linked me and want some reciprocation, please drop me a line. I always stop by my linked blogs (usually daily) and try to comment often .
  • Language - For a while, I changed the language on the date and month from English to Slovak (explanation here). I changed back temporarily so new visitors wouldn't be perplexed. I will probably go back to the language of my relatives soon.

Well, that's enough gushing for one day. I promise not to post every time I hit another thousand, but this many visitors in less than a week was overwhelming. Thanks again!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on 6,000. Your blog brings a smile to many faces - it's no wonder people come back for more.


    Well done, Wyatt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congrats! Dave posted a link to my MP blurb and I haven't seen jack for it yet... People like policemen, but no one likes the military policemen (er, policewomen)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean you're not really Wyatt Earp? Fooey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon - Thank you. It makes me smile that so many people read.

    Pandy - Thanks! And, not all people like policemen, but I like military policewomen :)

    Linda - Dang. Secret's out :) I'd be hapy if I could just shoot like he did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 6000 hits! Whoo hooo!! Big time now!! Are still going to have time for us little guys? ;}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure, Steve!

    (Just make an appointment. Heh.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why don't you install Haloscan so we can TrackBack to your posts? Then you'd know when a knucklehead like me links you, but doesn't know how to tell you...

    Congrats on the big 6000. You deserve the traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 6,000!!!
    Pretty soon you will have to come up with a fancy nickname for when you link to someone (ex-instalanch)
    Something bloggers can be proud of like: "I have been Earped"

    ReplyDelete
  9. GunnNutt - I'm not that bright. I tried to set up blogrolling, and it was a disaster. Which is why my template is pretty basic: I don't have the mental capacity to do anything more complicated.

    TM - Do you have "I've been Earped" copyrighted???

    ReplyDelete
  10. "You have been Earped" is all yours.

    ReplyDelete