About

Wednesday, June 05, 2024

Take Me To The Pilot

So on my 55th birthday, my Jeep decided to blow up. Literally. I was taking Julia to her friend when the radiator exploded, covering the car with antifreeze and a lot of smoke. I got Julia to her destination then tried to make it home. No such luck. I was a mile away from home. The next day we went to buy a used 2013 Honda Pilot. I love this car. Truly. Everything was running great until a few weeks after I bought the car, the engine light popped up on the dashboard. I kept driving it to work because we were down a vehicle already. The car still works fine but I don't know if the light is malfunctioning or if the engine is in trouble. So, I call the dealer and ask about fixing it. I called a week and a half ago. I was walking yesterday and the female at the service center said, "We can't fix a Honda Pilot," despite the fact I was told they could. She kept saying they cannot work on Honda cars and that was that. I get that. What I didn't get was this woman could have called back the next day after I put in a date to come there. No, she waited until the last minute to screw me over. Luckily there is a Honda dealer five minutes from my home. If the Honda people can fix this, I'll go there forever.

9 comments:

  1. Could be wiring. Critters chewed the wires on Son's 2006 CR-V and his check engine light was on for almost three weeks before our guy could fit him in. The car was still drivable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm hoping for. The car runs fine, but I hope nothing under the hood is bad.

      Delete
  2. Most retail auto parts stores can pull a code for you, and usually do it free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buckaroo BanzaiJune 06, 2024 4:59 PM

      I'll take a look. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Check the gas cap it might not be on correctly and is sending a error message do to not having a good seal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had that problem. The gas cap was leaking and had to be replaced. One of the 'cheapest' car repairs I've ever had.

      Delete
  4. Buckaroo BanzaiJune 09, 2024 11:33 PM

    I'll try that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

  5. I had a Nissan 4x4 pickup, and the check engine light came on after so many miles whether you had a problem or not. It was simply Nissan's way to increase revenue.

    ReplyDelete