About

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

#500!

This is Support Your Local Gunfighter's 500th post. After an exhaustive worldwide search for post ideas, I have finally made my decision: I'm going to try and incorporate several of your ideas. Yeah, it's a cop-out, but what did you expect? I try and please everybody all the time!

Uber and RT suggested this, so here are some of my favorite (or noteworthy posts):

SYLG's first

My affinity for Philadelphia Phillies "sluggers"

War! What is it good for? Freedom!

The resurrection of PIH

A pretty funny Top Ten list

Wagon Tales

Q&A

And of course . . . Hate Mail

Linda suggested mentioning personal heroes. For me, it begins and ends with Teddy Roosevelt. With all due respect to Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, et al, TR is America's greatest President.

Ty suggested guns and shooting - go figure. I'll post about that more in depth, but I carry my service weapon (a Glock 17), but I also own a .38 S&W snubnose revolver.

Rachel and Dr. Phat Tony asked about when I was on "Cops." Can't say I've ever had the pleasure (either as a cop or a defendant), and the show has only filmed in Philadelphia two or three times - which I think is a disgrace.

Finally, many of you suggested giving props to the readers. I try and do that ad nauseum, and I would like to think that everyone who reads this garbage knows how much I appreciate them, but I wanted to highlight a few that went above and beyond the call.

The Man from GOP and the City - It's always an honor when someone who averages a ton of hits a day links your insignificant little blog. The Man linked my former endeavor, and linked SYLG after I came back from my blogging breakdown. On top of that, he and his friends invited me to contribute to the highly successful Blogs4 Bauer, so I think I owe him my first-born son. Thanks, TM!

"The Family" - My blog family has been there from the beginning, and has always supported me, even when that meant taking me down a peg, but I love them anyway. Doc, CUG, Insol, Pandy, Peak, Uber, and Tyler are some of the best friends a blogger could have. I'd take a bullet for every one of you.

"The Regulars" - Linda, Sssteve (although now you're a blog brother), Prof, CP, Bob, RT, SK, Rachel, Air Force Wife, The Anti-Hippie, and everyone else who wastes their day reading my ramblings, I thank you all.

Emporer Palpatine - You are my dark lord and master. What is thy bidding?

Well, that's pretty much it. it wasn't all that entertaining, but it's done. Here's to the next 500.

14 comments:

  1. I'll pass on taking your first born. But, they should tithe 10% of their earnings to me. That includes revenue from Tooth Fairy visits and Christmas presents.

    I will send you my paypal information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate Mail was a personal favorite here.

    And Teddy Roosevelt should replace Uncle Sam as the embodiment of America and Americans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The taking a bullet thing might happen. I'm trying to get a fatwa issued against me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *raises glass*
    To 500 more brah...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and many more! (No bullets for me, huh? Okay, I see how it is!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for a 'nother 500! Not entertaining? I beg to differ.

    Great posts of blogging past! I hadn't read them all so yeah, I was muchly entertained. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Brah!! you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choices on the prior blogs. I really liked the Revolutionary War post and the Hate list. Yeah...just on principle, everyone should hate John Street.

    Congratulations and may you have five gazillion more posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just what is wrong with guns?

    They work very well against fatwa's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. TM - Only 10%? What a bargain!

    AFW - I liked it, too. And there can never be enough props to TR.

    Doc - SWEEEEET!!! Have you tried drawing some cartoons?

    Peak - Mmm . . . beer!

    Lin - What? Do you have Tom Selleck after you?

    Uber - "Muchy entertained." Love it!

    Sssteve - Thanks, chief. Now get cracking on yours!

    RT - That miniseries was awesome! I enjoyed writing about it.

    AH - Well, thanks for that tease!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forgot--more pictures of TOM!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 500th post?
    I thought you did 500 a week!!!

    Keep it up, bro!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lin - Sugestion noted.

    CUG - Sometimes, I get on a creative roll and post three a day. Then, I go on a drought for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy blogaversary and continued success in keeping our metropolis freer of vermin, skels, etc.
    (Unfortunately, there's still the mayor and his cronies...)

    ReplyDelete